Each year TESOL hosts a conference to give educators a chance to learn about U.S. national education issues and how to better support English learners through U.S. policy. The TESOL Advocacy and Policy Conference is attended by ESL teachers and leaders throughout the U.S. Most years 3RT sends a board member to the conference to learn about these issues and then share them with the 3RT members.
The information below was distributed at the conference and is included here with permission. The views expressed here may not represent TESOL or 3RT. It is meant for your information and to help you better advocate for the English learners and ESL communities you are a part of and support.
- 2019 TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit: Federal Policy Update
- Migrant Legal Action Program, Roger C. Rosenthal, Esq.
- ESSA and ELs Presentation, Roberta Miceli
- ESSA vs. NCLB Act Politico Pro
Reaching English Learner’s Act
- Background on the Reaching English Learner’s Act
- Reaching English Learner’s Act, 116th Congress, H.R. 1153