[Three Rivers TESOL] 3RT Executive Board Update

Megan Reiley megan.e.reiley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 17:15:14 CDT 2020

Due to the spread of COVID-19, 3RT Spring Seminar, scheduled for April 18,
2020, at Chatham University, was canceled. It was sad and disappointing to
miss the professional development opportunity (presentations and forum with
five invited professors) and 3RT updates at the Spring Seminar. However,
the 3RT election for vice president was held online and the results are
below. What we were missing today will be shared in the upcoming Spring
Newsletter in May.

Three Rivers TESOL executive board is pleased to announce the results of
the 2020 3RT Election.

Vice President-Elect: Maria Syrotiak, Gannon University

Maria will serve the role of Vice President on the 2020-2021 and the
President 2021-2022 in Three Rivers TESOL.

See her bio: Mariana Syrotiak: Director, Office of English Language and
Global Training at Gannon University. Mariana Syrotiak, MA, MAT, and PhD
student is the Director of the English Language and Global Training at
Gannon University, in Erie, PA. An active member of the Three Rivers TESOL,
Mariana is interested and engaged in ESL communities of practice, teacher
training and professional development, intercultural communication, and
leadership.

Please welcome Maria Syrotiak to the 3RT executive board!

As the 3RT president 2019-2020, I have learned a lot about how to organize
the conference and meetings, and it was worth challenging myself in the
role and I was happy to work with the board and the members. I appreciate
their patience and hard work with numerous virtual meetings. So I challenge
you to join the board in the future! You will grow more!

We also express our sincere appreciation to the past president 2019-2020,
Suzanne Meyer. Her guidance and leadership should be recognized! Thank you,
Suzanne.

>From now on, Kathy Lipecky will serve as the 3RT President for 2020-2021.
Please support her during these uncertain times. See the 3RT executive
board 2020-2021 below.

*President*  Kathy Lipecky

1 yr. (not typically elected; filled by rising Vice President)

president at threeriverstesol.org

*Vice President*

Maria Syrotiak

*1 yr. initially (followed by year-long commitments as President and Past
President)*

vp at threeriverstesol.org

*Past President*  Soyoung Burke

1 yr. (not elected; filled by exiting President)

pastpres at threeriverstesol.org

*Secretary* Megan Evangeliste

2 yr.

secretary at threeriverstesol.org

*Treasurer* Michael Burke

2 yr.

treasurer at threeriverstesol.org

*Webmaster* Megan Reiley

2 yr.

webmaster at threeriverstesol.org

We all know that our health and safety are our priority. Please stay well
and take care!

Soyoung Burke