[Three Rivers TESOL] Fall Conference: Looking for a couple more session chair volunteers :)

Bill Price wcp5 at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 16 13:40:21 EDT 2017

Dear Three Rivers TESOL members,

Our conference is in just a few days. Can't wait to see you!

I'm writing today because we're looking for just a few more session chairs.
Thanks so much for those who have already volunteered! Please see my
original message below for context and for the signup link. If you have any
questions, just let me know. :)

-----

Our conferences are a collaborative community effort, and one of the ways
we help each other is to chair each other's presentations.

*What does a session chair do?*

Session chairs have two main duties:

   - Briefly introduce the speaker(s) at the start of the presentation
   - Keep track of the time so that the speaker(s) don't run over

If you're interested in attending a specific presentation anyway,
volunteering to chair that presentation is a great way to ensure you'll
have a chance to chat with the presenter one-on-one to coordinate and to
get to know them better, so you can also think of it as a networking
opportunity.

*Please check out our presentation schedule and sign up here:*

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sMm_DGyGrdPcwzP2hhvV
L6GvVa_IEFEBg6WNWuntA2Q/edit#gid=0

The *red* cells show where we still need chairs. The *green* cells show
filled slots. Please take a look at the presentations and consider
volunteering to be the chair for one or more that you're interested in
attending. (Just make sure you'll actually be able to attend that
presentation-- don't sign up for two in the same time slot, for example! :))

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks so much!

Best,
Bill Price
Three Rivers TESOL Webmaster