[Three Rivers TESOL] Fwd: Reminder about Interest Survey for Team Leaders

Megan Reiley megan.e.reiley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:17:34 CST 2020

Dear TESOL Friends,

This is a gentle reminder that the deadline to complete the interest survey
to become a local Team Leader to assist with the TESOL 2022 Convention on
March 22-25 in Pittsburgh is *November 15*. Please see our original email
about the Team Leader positions below.

As you may have heard, the TESOL International Convention 2022 will be held
in Pittsburgh, and Three Rivers TESOL will be the Host Affiliate to help
with the logistical operation of the event.

In the past, more than 6000 TESOL members and non-members have attended the
convention each year, and in 2022, we are hoping the Pittsburgh convention
will be the first year to bring TESOL friends back to the face-to-face
meeting after the pandemic. Thus, we need all local TESOLers’ help to make
it a successful event.

In September, Three Rivers TESOL appointed three members, Suzanne Meyer,
Linh Phung, and Ying Zhang as Local Co-Chairs for the convention. The Local
Co-Chairs work closely with team leaders to support 9 areas of the
convention organization, including Bag and Program Distribution,
Hospitality, Educational Visits, Tea with Distinguished TESOLers,
Networking Sessions, PreK-12 Day, Pre- and Post-Convention Sessions, Poster
Sessions, and Volunteers.

In order to recruit volunteer team leaders, we as the local co-chairs have
created a presentation with PowerPoint (see attached) to provide an
overview of the convention organization and a link to the presentation
provided at the 3RT Fall Conference with the PowerPoint (
https://youtu.be/w_VE4AAFHyU). We have also created a survey for our local
TESOL friends who are interested to become the team leaders:

*https://tinyurl.com/TESOL2022TeamLeader*
<https://tinyurl.com/TESOL2022TeamLeader>

The survey deadline is *November 15, 2020*.

We encourage you to volunteer for a team leader position. We also encourage
you to help us spread the news with your colleagues and friends. If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact us:

Sincerely,

Suzanne Meyer: sdmeyer at pitt.edu

Linh Phung: lphung at chatham.edu

Ying Zhang: zhang at rmu.edu