[Three Rivers TESOL discussion] Inaugural message for 3RTESOL

Janine Carlock carlockj at duq.edu
Fri Apr 24 07:55:04 CDT 2020

I'm excited to be able to have this space for sharing ideas!   Just to introduce myself, I worked at Pitt in the ELI for almost 20 years and at Pitt's Writing Center for 15 years.  I've been full-time at Duquesne in the ESL program for 5 years now and we are just finishing up our spring semester online.  I will be teaching summer semester online also.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but since International TESOL is cancelled, I would still love to share my work.  I was supposed to do a poster session on giving feedback and a presentation on incorporating information literacy in ESL writing classes at International TESOL this year, and I'd be happy to do a Zoom presentation of one or both.  The poster is finished, the presentation not quite, but it would be a more informal space anyway:)

I would also be interested in learning what others are working on if anyone else would like to share.

I hope everyone is maintaining their physical and mental health and look forward to seeing what people post.

Janine

Janine Carlock
Assistant Professor
English as a Second Language